Saturday 27 February 2016

possibly Paris...

I've learnt over the past 5 years that I'm the sort of person who runs towards the fire in order to put it out..it doesn't always work of course but on occasion it has given me a strength that I didn't think I was capable of. My new found independence had rocked me to the core. I've traveled a lot but I'd never been to Paris and I really wanted to go. I had moments of wanting people to come with me and offers, but really I needed to go solo- just me and my camera and an Airbnb in a cheap part of town. Sounds a bit ridiculous now Ive done it- in my twenties I'd arrived in Saudi Arabia alone, been stranded in an airport in North Carolina and winged it in Seattle trying to find work- almost ending up, but thankfully not, on a fishing boat in Alaska. Having been in a partnership for twenty years, experiencing the vulnerability of motherhood and then a cancer diagnosis, I needed to start again, to recapture some of the brazenness ( spell check says brassiness) of my early days.

and then the scan, four years after initial diagnosis shattered everything I'd been working towards..

No comments:

Post a Comment